The number one question asked when looking to invest in a silk pillowcase is "How do I wash my silk pillowcase?" or "Can I wash my silk pillowcase in the washing machine?"
Unlike silk clothing which is often manufactured using a light low momme silk fabric and requires dry - cleaning only, all of the Shhh Silk pillowcases and sleep caps are designed using a high grade silk fabric which means you are able to wash your Shhh Silk products in the washing machine. (Hallelujah - I hear you say).
Follow these simple steps to prolong the life of your silk pillowcase or silk sleep cap:
1. Turn your silk pillowcase inside out or place inside an old pillowcase or laundry bag to protect your silk during the wash cycle.
2. Place your silk pillowcase in the washing machine on a cold or warm delicate cycle with a maximum water temperature of 30C.
3. Use a laundry detergent that does not contain enzymes or bleach as this will damage your silk pillowcase.
4. Line dry out of direct sunlight.
5. Place straight on your pillow and enjoy your beauty sleep.
If you want your silk pillowcase to keep its natural silky shine we recommend hand washing your silk pillowcase for the first few washes before following our steps above.
Enjoy your beauty sleep.
Olivia - Shhh Silk xx
If you have tough stains on your silk pillowcase, pre-soak it in a Wash Tub Basin before putting it in the washing machine.
Have you tried our Silk Laundry Wash?