The average person spends around 26 years of their life sleeping. This is how I justify splurging on 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets – and it’s exactly why I’ve started sleeping on a silk pillowcase.
What Are The Benefits?
Apart from being extremely soft and comfortable to sleep on, Shhh Silk‘s pillowcases take beauty sleepto the next level. If Gisele Bundchen, Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian West are all doing it, so am I.
It’s Good For Your Skin
1. Silk is a less absorbent material than cotton, so it’s less likely that your nighttime skincare on your face will transfer onto your pillowcase (allowing it to absorb into your skin instead).
2. It’s also less abrasive on delicate skin as it reduces friction while you’re tossing and turning.
3. Plus, sleeping on a silk pillowcase helps you avoid dreaded facial creases in the morning, ultimately having an anti-ageing effect on the skin.
…And For Your Hair
1. The softness of the silk allows your hair to glide across your pillow during the night, helping to reduce pulling and breakage.
2. It can also prolong the style of your hair, especially a blow wave, and controls ‘bed hair’. In my case, I find my hair doesn’t get oily as quickly, too.
3. The material is super gentle on lashes as well, whether they’re extensions or your natural lashes, sleeping on a silk pillowcase helps to prevent friction that causes lashes to fall out.
What Everyone’s Saying:
★★★★★ Never slept better – Paige
“Absolutely love these silk pillowcases! I never realised how much it would affect my hair, it stays straighter for longer, the curls last over night and it’s not knotty and messy in the mornings! My morning routine is so much quicker now it doesn’t take so long fixing my hair! Also love the marble look, very stylish!”
★★★★★ These pillowcases are so lush – Clare
“My hair is easier to manage, my skin feels great. They are so soft and snuggly that getting out of bed is almost impossible. Bought my housemate a set as well for her birthday and we haven’t seen each other for three days as we have both spend the entire long weekend snuggled into our Shhh pillowcases. We have just been texting each other about how comfortable and happy we are.”
★★★★★ My hair loves these pillowcases – Annie
“These look beautiful but are also great for hair and skin – no more face wrinkles from a linen pillowcase and even better, my hair doesn’t get dry and frizzy after going to the hairdresser. I thought it was an old wives tale but this old wife can vouch for them. A great buy – I would love some other colours.”
by Joanna Fleming - Adore Beauty